Available for pre-orders ($10 off) now through September 1, 2017!
Ready for FALL CLASSES!
Shipping begins September 1st
From the author team of Chris Bunin, Christine Esposito, Barbaree Duke, and Anita Palmer, Carte Diem Press presents a text for for pre-service teachers is designed to guide educators through a continuum of GIS resources and skill sets to best integrate GIS into a K-12 classroom.
Grounded in real experience, free resources, and the ArcGIS platform, GIS for Teachers: A Guide to Authentic K-12 Integration and Application gives a comprehensive view into all aspects of the classroom and how
GIS meets many needs and challenges facing educators today.
The book will include 10 chapters and access to a comprehensive resource center online, replete with ready-to-use handouts, rubrics, exercises, videos and more.
- Chapter 1: What is GIS?
- Chapter 2: Pedagogy and GIS
- Chapter 3: Where to Start with GIS Integration
- Chapter 4: Teaching with GIS – Making Simple Maps
- Chapter 5: Creating your own data sets and data analysis
- Chapter 6: The GIS Advantage
- Chapter 7: Project-Based Learning and GIS
- Chapter 8: Differentiation Strategies and GIS
- Chapter 9: Logistics for Integrating GIS
- Chapter 10: Resources
GIS for Teachers: A Guide to Authentic K-12 Integration and Application | ISBN 978-0-9861782-2-1 | Copyright © 2017 by Carte Diem Press, a division of Critical Think Inc.