Available for pre-orders ($10 off) now through September 1, 2017!
Ready for FALL CLASSES!
From the author team of Chris Bunin, Christine Esposito, Barbaree Duke, and Anita Palmer, Carte Diem Press presents a text for for pre-service teachers is designed to guide educators through a continuum of GIS resources and skill sets to best integrate GIS into a K-12 classroom.
Grounded in real experience, free resources, and the ArcGIS platform, GIS for Teachers: A Guide to Authentic K-12 Integration and Application gives a comprehensive view into all aspects of the classroom and how
GIS meets many needs and challenges facing educators today.
The book will include 10 chapters and access to a comprehensive resource center online, replete with ready-to-use handouts, rubrics, exercises, videos and more.
- Chapter 1: What is GIS?
- Chapter 2: Pedagogy and GIS
- Chapter 3: Where to Start with GIS Integration
- Chapter 4: Teaching with GIS – Making Simple Maps
- Chapter 5: Creating your own data sets and data analysis
- Chapter 6: The GIS Advantage
- Chapter 7: Project-Based Learning and GIS
- Chapter 8: Differentiation Strategies and GIS
- Chapter 9: Logistics for Integrating GIS
- Chapter 10: Resources
GIS for Teachers: A Guide to Authentic K-12 Integration and Application | ISBN 978-0-9861782-2-1 | Copyright © 2017 by Carte Diem Press, a division of Critical Think Inc.